Guardian Property Management Services Ltd. (GPMS) is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals and recognizes the need of people with whom we do business such as homeowners and contractors and employees for the appropriate management and protection of any Personal Information that you agree to provide to us.
Our Privacy Management Plan includes guidelines on the collection, storage, use and retention of your Personal Information as follows:
- Collection: GPMS collects personal information about individuals (clients, suppliers, employees etc) in order to better manage it’s business and to comply with the Condominium Act (1998). GPMS will make all reasonable efforts to fully inform such individuals about the planned use or disclosure of such information. GPMS will limit the collection and use of personal information to that required for valid business purposes or to comply with legislation.
- Accuracy: GPMS will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information it collects and uses is accurate and complete. Individuals providing personal information will have the opportunity to review and correct their personal information, and on written request by an individual to whom the information relates, GPMS will modify the information as required.
- Storage: GPMS will store personal information using hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevet unauthorized collection, access, disclosure or disposal of personal information.
- Retention: GPMS will establish a retention period for all personal information collected. This period may be related to legislation other than PIPEDA (Employment Standards for example).
- Disclosure: GPMS will not disclose personal information unnecessarily to employees or any third party, unless the effective individual consents. Where legislation allows for collection of accounts that stand in arrears, the sharing of information for the purposes of collection of said accounts with any third party having a financial interest in a unit, GPMS will share only information pertaining to the collection of such outstanding amounts and will not divulge other private information of that mutual client.
- Access: GPMS promotes individual’s right of access to personal information about themselves. The employer will provide access to information upon request. Access will be provided according to established procedures.
In addition to the care GPMS takes directly, we are also working with all our partner organizations, such as suppliers, that may at some point handle personal information gathered by us in the course of their relationship with and service to us.
All Employees and third party staff who in any way handle or manage Personal Information have acknowledged and agreed to adhere to our Privacy Code and the procedures that support that code